As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to assist and support the office staff by providing resources and services to families in our community. Develop social and community awareness while giving back to your community using your skills and talents.
Our Core Services Include:
- Child, maternal and family health information
- Employment related services/ resume writing
- Life skills training
- Parent/ child activity
- Information and referral services
As a Presenter or Facilitator?
Interested in sharing your skills with the community? We are seeking volunteers to lead fun, informative classes for families. We welcome corporate groups as well as individuals. Workshops can be scheduled as a one-time event, or held on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.
As an Assistant?
This is how you can help:
- Academic Enrichment – assist elementary school children in completing their homework during our Homework Club
- Event and Program Planning- Assist program staff in developing and scheduling programs. Responsible for supervising ongoing programs and activities. Participate in community outreach events.
- Public Relations and Social Media- Assist staff with promotion, advertising and managing social media.
- Office Operations- Provide administrative support by answering phones, conducting follow-up calls, light filing and data entry.
-Health and nutrition
-Financial literacy & budgeting
-Arts & crafts
Volunteer Application Process Includes:
- Complete an application and interview with the Community Partnership and Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend an Orientation- Information about the FSC, philosophy, model, and programs
- Participate in training for your specific position/ role
- Download our volunteer application here
We partner with local agencies to organize health fairs, provide tax assistance, and other services. We also refer families to neighborhood organizations for assistance. Contact us if you have a referral suggestion or are interested in collaborating on an event.
For all volunteer and community partnership inquiries, contact Christian Mejia, our Volunteer and Community Partnership Coordinator at Christian@palisadesfsc.org or contact our Director Vivian Patino at firstname.lastname@example.org